SWEDEN: Absolut breaks production record
Absolut Vodka has broken its record for full year production. The nine-millionth case of vodka rolled off the production line at the V&S Absolut Spirits plant in Åhus today (15 December).
To commemorate the record, a special case has been designed and decorated with silver text.
"Nine million nine-litre cases in one year is a milestone and marks another successful year for V&S Absolut Spirits," said Krister Asplund, vice president of manufacturing at V&S Absolut Spirits in Åhus. "Never before have so many cases been produced in Åhus in a single year, which proves how much Absolut is appreciated by consumers around the world. In 2005, we have produced as much as during our first nine years put together."
The commemorative case will be shipped to the US, though it is unknown exactly where it will end up.
To meet increasing demand, V&S Group has invested SEK680m (US$86.6m) to expand its facilities in Åhus and Nöbbelöv. Earlier this year, V&S Absolut Spirits inaugurated its new distillery in Nöbbelöv, and in May it broke ground for its new bottling plant in Åhus, which is due to be completed in 2007.
Combining genuine brand chic with selling millions of cases is to dream the impossible dream for most spirits executives, but for Bengt Baron, president and CEO of Absolut owners V&S Group, it is a re...
Having been something of a European institution for years, the end of duty-free, the lowering of some Nordic duty rates and cheaper prices in domestic supermarkets have combined to reduce the allure o...
Diageo's spiced rum brand, Captain Morgan, has made strong gains in the US spirits market but, as David Robertson reports, it has so far been unable to replicate this success in other markets....
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
V&S Group is once again set to add to its Absolut vodka stable with the launch of the grapefruit-flavoured Absolut Ruby Red....
The Absolut Spirits Company has completed its acquisition of Cruzan International....
Cruzan International has received shareholder support for its pending merger with The Absolut Spirits Company....
A shareholders meeting to decide whether Cruzan International should approve a merger deal with majority stakeholder Absolut Spirits has been called by the company's board of directors....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends