USA: ABI Offers the Other Side of the .08 Debate
Mothers Against Drunk Driving is once again pressuring Congress to blackmail states that do not adopt a .08 blood alcohol concentration (BAC) arrest threshold by withholding highway safety funds. The American Beverage Institute strongly opposes this punitive and ineffective legislation and is available to present the other side of this debate."Congress has never held hearings on this issue where those opposed have been able to testify," said Rick Berman, ABI's general counsel. "But in the hearings held in state legislatures where both sides have been able to testify, the .08% BAC legislation has been consistently defeated in favor of legislation that has proven to be effective."MADD is attempting to circumvent the process in the states by getting Congress to blackmail them with the loss of highway safety money in order to advance their anti-alcohol agenda."For information, contact John Doyle at 202-463-7110 or visit the ABI web site
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory