US: ABB brings Cabana Cachaca to US
ABB Partners is launching its premium cachaca drink in the US.
The company confirmed yesterday (24 July) that Cabana Cachaca would be rolled out nationally at the beginning of next month.
"Our quest was to bring a truly premium cachaca to the American market and elevate the sophisticated consumer's awareness of this globally significant spirit," said ABB's president, Matti Anttila. "We knew the key was to produce a smooth, balanced spirit retaining hints of the freshly pressed sugarcane, while minimising the impurities that are commonly associated with cachaca."
Cachaca is rum fermented and distilled in Brazil directly from freshly pressed sugarcane. It is the third most distilled spirit in the world, according to ABB.
Cabana Cachaca is produced exclusively for export at its distillery outside Sao Paulo in Brazil. The drink will retail for around US$34.99 per 750-millilitre bottle.
Indian spirits manufacturer Radico Khaitan is looking at buying some of the liquor assets of South India-based Amruth Group....
Malibu-Kahlúa International, the US-based Pernod Ricard subsidiary that manages the Malibu brand, has unveiled new-look packaging for the Caribbean flavoured rum. The packaging is the first of what wi...
Havana Club International, the rum joint venture between Pernod Ricard and the Cuban government, plans to open a distillery on the island....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has posted a sound set of first-half results with a leap in sales helping to narrow losses....
Bacardi has appointed Jeff McDonald as global brand director for its eponymous brand....
French spirits and Champagne group Rémy Cointreau is quitting the Maxxium distribution network....
The owner of Burn Stewart Distillers has reshuffled the management team at the Scotch whisky group....
Havana Club International is to launch a brand extension in the UK....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends