US: ABA regains control of InterBev show
The American Beverage Association has regained control of the InterBev beverage trade show.
The ABA sold the show to Reed Exhibitions in 1999 and, after producing three shows together, Reed and the ABA jointly agreed to enter into negotiations to return InterBev to ABA. At a meeting in Boston in October, the ABA board of directors approved the plan to re-acquire the tradeshow, the association said yesterday (13 December).
"We are excited to have the opportunity to produce an event that will have strong appeal to both exhibitors and attendees," said ABA president and CEO Susan Neely.
"On behalf of Reed Exhibitions and its InterBev team, we'd like to thank the industry for its support over the past several years," said Eileen Baird, InterBev's vice president and show manager. "We have been grateful for the relationships developed with customers and their ongoing feedback and industry insight in the years we've run the shows, especially from our sponsors, the American Beverage Association."
Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
InterBev06 is scheduled to be held in Las Vegas next autumn.
And given the sheer number of trade shows relevant to the soft drinks industry taking place over the coming weeks, Annette Farr really doesn’t know when she’ll be back again. No wonder just-drinks’ ro...
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends