US: ABA 2007 US lobbying details announced
US trade body the American Beverage Association spent just under US$685,000 on lobbying in the US last year, according to a recent filing.
An online posting from the US Senate's public records office earlier this month showed that the ABA spent the money lobbying on issues including childhood nutrition. The ABA spent about $487,000 in the second half of last year, with $198,000 being spent in the first six months of 2007.
Under a federal law enacted in the US 1995, lobbyists are required to disclose activities that could influence members of the executive and legislative branches. They must register with Congress within 45 days of being hired or engaging in lobbying.
Cott Corporation has posted a slide in sales and a net loss for its latest quarter....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
This week InBev and Anheuser continue to keep the pages ticking over on just-drinks. Amongst the other stories at the top of the most read pages were reports on C&C, an interview with Carlsberg's CEO ...
Pepsi-Cola North America's senior chief marketing officer Cie Nicholson, has tended her resignation with the company....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news on V&S and A-B and cost pressures at Cott, whilst whisky dominated the spirits headlines....
Cott Corporation has lined up price increases in the UK due to "escalating input costs"....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Nestle Waters has recalled its one-gallon Nestle Pure Life purified drinking water as a result of possible contamination in the US....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head