US: AB Miller TV ad battle continues
The US beer advertising squabble has a new twist, according to reports. Two television channels have rejected three Anheuser-Busch adverts that spoof two ad campaigns by Miller Brewing, a source familiar to the situation said yesterday (5 January).
The rejection follows four major US broadcast networks pulling some Miller Lite commercials after AB complained about them.
One of the original Miller adverts contained American football referees penalising Bud Light for various offences. AB is currently running other commercials insinuating that the Miller referees are confiscating Bud Light so they can drink it themselves.
ABC and its sister cable network ESPN rejected the most recent AB advert because it features an actor "performing an action that is criminal, dangerous" and easy to imitate, the source said.
The other rejected spots lampoon Miller commercials that feature actors portraying former Anheuser-Busch drinkers talking through a bullhorn at an Anheuser-Busch plant, saying that Miller brands taste better than Bud Light or Budweiser.
ABC said that since the Miller commercials that the AB ads mock were pulled from the air, AB could not use the parodies.
Sectors: Beer & cider
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Equity analyst Legg Mason has downgraded its rating of the US brewer Anheuser-Busch from "hold" to "sell" after the company issued a statement saying it expected sales below previous estimates....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch Cos has reported first quarter 2005 domestic beer volumes below previous expectations....
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Irish whisky exports forecast to double by 2020
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits