US: AB hit by industrial action on its doorstep
Anheuser-Busch is the latest US drinks company to be hit by industrial action. Following strikes at Coca-Cola bottling and distribution facilities earlier this week, the brewer's deliveries are being disrupted by a strike at a St. Louis-based beer wholesaler.
Staff at Lohr Distributing Co. began their strike on Sunday (22 May) night after working without a contract since February, according to representatives.
Lohr distributes Budweiser, Bud Light and other AB products in the city.
Anheuser-Busch is also based in St. Louis.
Sectors: Beer & cider
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Anheuser-Busch has reiterated its 2005 earnings per share outlook....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
The California Assembly Governmental Organization Committee has passed legislation that would ban the controversial "alcohol without liquid" (AWOL) device, which allows consumers to inhale alcohol by ...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages