US: AB claims victory in Tajiki "Bud" row
Anheuser-Busch has been granted rights to the "Bud" name in Tajikistan. A statement issued today by the brewer, states that the country's Patent and Trademark office has cancelled Budejovicky Budvar's trademark registration for the "Bud" name.
In September last year, the country's Patent and Trademark Office threw out Budvar's appellation of origin claims, according to Anuheuser-Busch.
In the statement, Stephen J. Burrows, president and CEO of Anheuser-Busch International Inc., said: "We are pleased with the Tajikistan Patent and Trademark Office's ruling. With this decision, Anheuser-Busch now has the rights to the 'Bud' name in virtually every country in the former Soviet Union. We will continue to fight any infringements on our trademarks throughout the world."
Sectors: Beer & cider
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Anheuser-Busch has reiterated its 2005 earnings per share outlook....
Anheuser-Busch is the latest US drinks company to be hit by industrial action....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Coca-Cola Enterprises Q1 2016 results - Preview
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India