GERMANY: AB asked to give up 2006 World Cup rights
The organising committee of the 2006 World Cup in Germany is trying to persuade Anheuser-Busch to forego its exclusive rights over beer sales at the tournament. The committee said yesterday (27 October) that it is in talks with the brewing giant to allow German beers to be sold at the event's venues.
"We are in talks with Budweiser about allowing German beer to be sold in the World Cup stadia," the vice-president of the committee, Theo Zwanziger, told Agence France Presse. "But we need the go ahead from Budweiser to be able to do anything."
FIFA had sealed a deal with AB making Budweiser the official beer of the tournament, giving it exclusive sales rights inside venues for the matches. The deal caused uproar in the proud beer-making home country.
Sectors: Beer & cider
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Anheuser-Busch has reiterated its 2005 earnings per share outlook....
Anheuser-Busch is the latest US drinks company to be hit by industrial action....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends