SOUTH AFRICA: A weaker rand could bolster Distell exports
The depreciation of the rand could improve export potential for Distell, David Nurek, chairman said at the first annual general meeting of the merged company in Stellenbosch today. In recent months the rand-pound and rand-dollar exchange rate has seen dramatic movement in favour of the two northern hemisphere currencies. At present the exchange rate is R/£13.46 after peaking last week about R13.80, while the R/$ is currently R9.26.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director