USA: A Taste for the Beverage Business
From the lowlands of South Carolina to the urban landscape of the District of Columbia, boutique drink makers in the Fifth District are tapping into a nostalgic thirst for old-fashioned flavors and a craving for unique tastes.The beverage menu includes everything from root beer and ginger ale to fancy teas and waters. Take Virginia, for instance, home to Northern Neck Ginger Ale and Carver's Original ginger ale, as well as root beers like Root 66 and Dominion Root Beer. The springs of South Carolina provide the water used in Blenheim Ginger Ale. North Carolina touts Cheerwine cherry cola, while Maryland cheers for Honest Tea. And when it comes to waters, there's nothing plain about North Carolina's sport drink, AquOforce Sport Water Plus, or Virginia's sparkling Quibell.Region Focus writer Betty Joyce Nash takes readers inside the beverage business in the spring issue of Region Focus.Region Focus, a quarterly business magazine published by the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, provides information on and analysis of the economy and business activities of the District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and most of West Virginia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends