USA: A Taste for the Beverage Business
From the lowlands of South Carolina to the urban landscape of the District of Columbia, boutique drink makers in the Fifth District are tapping into a nostalgic thirst for old-fashioned flavors and a craving for unique tastes.The beverage menu includes everything from root beer and ginger ale to fancy teas and waters. Take Virginia, for instance, home to Northern Neck Ginger Ale and Carver's Original ginger ale, as well as root beers like Root 66 and Dominion Root Beer. The springs of South Carolina provide the water used in Blenheim Ginger Ale. North Carolina touts Cheerwine cherry cola, while Maryland cheers for Honest Tea. And when it comes to waters, there's nothing plain about North Carolina's sport drink, AquOforce Sport Water Plus, or Virginia's sparkling Quibell.Region Focus writer Betty Joyce Nash takes readers inside the beverage business in the spring issue of Region Focus.Region Focus, a quarterly business magazine published by the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, provides information on and analysis of the economy and business activities of the District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and most of West Virginia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits