UK: A number in running for Unwins sale
The UK wines and spirits retailer Unwins said today that following the distribution of the Information Memorandum to all parties who registered their interest, that it has received an encouraging number of first expressions of interest.
In May, the UK-based off-licence group said that its board was considering a sale of the business.
In a statement at the time the group said: "In recent months, shareholders in The Unwins Wine Group Ltd (Unwins) and its board have discussed how best to take the Group forward. This consultation has concluded that a sale of Unwins may be attractive, although all options are to be considered."
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report