UK: A number in running for Unwins sale
The UK wines and spirits retailer Unwins said today that following the distribution of the Information Memorandum to all parties who registered their interest, that it has received an encouraging number of first expressions of interest.
In May, the UK-based off-licence group said that its board was considering a sale of the business.
In a statement at the time the group said: "In recent months, shareholders in The Unwins Wine Group Ltd (Unwins) and its board have discussed how best to take the Group forward. This consultation has concluded that a sale of Unwins may be attractive, although all options are to be considered."
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages