US: A-B warns of slowing domestic volumes
Anheuser-Busch has declared that "positive momentum" has returned to the US beer industry but warned that growth will slow during the second half of the year.
The Budweiser brewing giant told US investors yesterday (6 September) that volumes throughout the industry have risen 2.7% up until the end of July. The upturn in the industry comes after wine and spirits had gained ground on beer in recent years.
A-B enjoyed a 3.2% rise in volumes over the same period with Bud Light volumes rising 5%, the company said. However, A-B president August Busch IV warned that growth would slow in the coming months.
"Going forward, we expect volume growth to continue, but at a more moderate rate due to challenging comparisons for the industry and A-B in the second half of 2006," he said.
Anheuser-Busch has secured the UK distribution rights to Spanish beer Estrella Damm Barcelona....
Isbre Holding continues to up its presence in the US for its Norwegian spring water....
Anheuser-Busch is re-releasing one of its limited edition beers in the US....
Hansen Natural Corp. has today (27 February) posted soaring annual profits for 2006 thanks to its Monster energy drink and a US distribution deal with Anheuser-Busch....
Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo has reported a 6% rise in fourth-quarter profits thanks to rising sales at home and abroad....
Anheuser-Busch has unveiled an addition to its energy drink stable....
Czech government ministers are to hold talks on the idea of privatising state-run brewer Budejovicky Budvar, officials told just-drinks today (23 February). The future of the brewer is again uncertain...
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed its long-rumoured entry into the Indian beer market. The US brewing giant today (22 February) announced that it would set up a local venture with Indian brewer Crown Beers...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts