US: A-B wants industry-wide marketing drive
Anheuser-Busch and the association representing brewers in the US are discussing plans for an industry-wide marketing drive to boost flagging beer consumption.
The Budweiser brewer, the largest beer maker in the US, said it was in early negotiations with the Beer Institute on the proposals.
"Anheuser-Busch is working to build an industry coalition with a unifying platform that will help all brewers compete against other forms of alcohol," Bob Lachky, A-B's executive vice-president of global industry development, told just-drinks.
"We are recommending that the campaign be sponsored by the Beer Institute and all of its member brewers. We are still in the preliminary stages of our discussions with the Beer Institute and specific campaign elements, including creative execution, the role of individual brewers, and funding have not yet been finalised."
Beer still accounts for 58% of all alcohol consumed in the US but this has fallen from 61% a decade ago. The market share for spirits has climbed to over 28%, while wine consumption rose to 14% from less than 12% in 1995.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Alcohol intake amongst young female adults in the UK continues to rise and shows no signs of abating, according to a recent report....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
Equity analyst Legg Mason has downgraded its rating of the US brewer Anheuser-Busch from "hold" to "sell" after the company issued a statement saying it expected sales below previous estimates....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research