US: A-B toasts US$82m Rolling Rock buy
The fate of Rolling Rock has been settled after Anheuser-Busch agreed to buy the iconic US beer brand.
A-B said it would pay Rolling Rock's owner, InBev USA, US$82m for the global brand rights to Rolling Rock and Rock Green Light. The Budweiser brewing giant said it would begin to brew Rolling Rock in August, while in the meantime drawing up distribution plans for the brand.
"This beer is not like others, and its consumer following is equally distinctive," said A-B president August A. Busch IV. "We live in a diverse world where consumers are hungry for variety. Acquiring Rolling Rock enables us to reach a new audience and to continue building our broad portfolio of products that meet the wide-ranging needs of consumers."
InBev USA said it was still in talks to sell the Rolling Rock brewery in Latrobe, Pennsylvania. "The decision to sell the Rolling Rock brands was based on InBev's strategic approach to the US market, which is to focus on the high-growth import brands in our portfolio," said Doug Corbett, president of InBev USA.
Goldman Sachs has raised its price target for the global brewer InBev....
Budejovicky Budvar claims to have been given the green light to register its trademark in China....
AmBev is about to launch a share buyback programme....
Brewing giant InBev has dismissed accusations that Belgian executives are being pushed out of the company in favour of managers from Latin American unit AmBev. InBev, which was formed in a 2004 merger...
US craft brewer Redhook Ale has blamed its venture with Widmer Brothers Brewing Co. for its falling sales in the west of the country....
InBev UK has launched a nationwide advertising campaign for its Peeterman Artois brand....
Asia Pacific Breweries has seen annual pre-tax profits rise 16% thanks to continued growth in Indochina....
Czech brewery Budejovicky Budvar has announced that the patent office in Portugal has registered its Budweiser Budvar trademark, in spite of objections from US beer giant Anheuser-Busch, which is enga...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends