UK: A-B to distribute Spain's Estrella Damm in UK
Anheuser-Busch has secured the UK distribution rights to Spanish beer Estrella Damm Barcelona.
The US brewing giant said today (1 March) that it would start to import and distribute the brand from the middle of this month. Financial details were not disclosed.
The deal deepens the relationship between A-B and Grupo Damm, the owner of Estrella Damm Barcelona. The Spanish brewer has held the licence to Budweiser in Spain for some 12 years.
"Anheuser-Busch's thorough understanding of the local beer industry will secure a significant presence for the brand in the UK," said Enric Crous, general manager, Sociedad Anónima Damm.
David Dryden, managing director, UK and Ireland, for Anheuser-Busch Europe, added: "The UK import beer category continues to grow at a double-digit rate and adding Estrella Damm to our portfolio strengthens our presence in this segment."
Sectors: Beer & cider
Beer appears to be the alcoholic drink of choice in the developing BRIC markets, according to a series of recent reports....
Anheuser-Busch lobbied the federal government on US trade legislation to the tune of US$1.6m in the first six months of this year, according to public records....
Tsingtao Brewery has posted a healthy climb in profits for the first half of this year....
Anheuser-Busch has taken on the distribution and marketing of BORBA's drinkable skincare line across the US and around the world....
The chief legal officers from 29 states have united to condemn alcoholic energy drinks....
Anheuser-Busch has quashed rumours that it has plans to build a second brewery in India....
China's leading beer producer Tsingtao Brewery is planning to increase its production capacity by 1m tons by the end of 2007, according to local reports....
The drinks industry has come under attack in the US for supposedly using energy drinks to mask the effect of alcohol....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages