UPDATE: US: A-B spurns Miller race bet
To spice up the 2007 season, Miller had tabled a wager to A-B on the outcome of this year's NASCAR series - with the naming rights for two top US baseball stadiums on the line.
The bet would have seen Busch Stadium, the home of baseball team St. Louis Cardinals, become Miller Lite Stadium for a three-game series in 2008, if the Miller Lite car finished ahead of the Budweiser car in the NASCAR series. If the Budweiser car had triumphed, however, the bet would have seen Miller Park, the home of the Milwaukee Brewers, named Budweiser Park for the series of matches between the two teams.
However, A-B has poured cold water on Miller's plan and declined its rival's offer. Dale Earnhardt Jr, the NASCAR driver sponsored by Budweiser, said he is focused on winning the NEXTEL Cup, NASCAR's top racing series.
He said: "Racing is my job, not a bet. My only priority is to build on last season's success and win the NEXTEL Cup."
The drinks industry has come under attack in the US for supposedly using energy drinks to mask the effect of alcohol....
SABMiller has announced the retirement of two of its division heads....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas has posted an impressive leap in operating and net profit in the year so far....
US drinks distributor Silver Eagle Distributors L.P. has acquired all assets of BudCo, the Anheuser-Busch and Grupo Modelo sales, marketing and distribution company for 13 counties in South Texas....
Anheuser-Busch has posted a steady rise in profits and sales for its second quarter....
A local broker has lowered its coverage of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
InBev and SABMiller have had their share coverage raised....
Crown Imports has appointed a new vice president of marketing....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- China to axe duty on Australian wine
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research