US: A-B silent on Rolling Rock speculation
Anheuser-Busch has refused to be drawn by talk linking it to the sale of InBev's US brand Rolling Rock.
Reports in Belgium have cited an analyst at UBS who claimed A-B was looking at acquiring Rolling Rock. "With renewed marketing efforts, new life would be blown into the brand," UBS analyst Caroline Levy said.
However, A-B vice-president for administration Dave Peacock refused to comment on the reports. "It is our policy to not confirm, deny or speculate on reports of potential investments, acquisitions, mergers, new business partnerships or other transactions," he told just-drinks today (5 May).
In March, InBev's US arm said it was mulling the sale of the Latrobe Brewing Co., the brewer of brands including Rolling Rock. The US arm of global brewing giant InBev said it had decided to focus on its "high-profit specialty import brands", including Stella Artois, Beck's and Brahma.
Officials from InBev USA were unavailable for further comment as just-drinks went to press.
InBev is to lay off almost 300 workers in Belgium after striking an agreement with trade unions on its restructuring programme....
Miller Brewing has signalled its delight at arch-rival Anheuser-Busch's apparent confession that it has altered the recipes for Budweiser and Bud Light....
Anheuser- Busch has hosted a "Green Week" of events and activities at many of its facilities across the US....
The head of InBev's UK operations is to leave his position after just nine months in the role....
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has named former InBev boss John Brock as its new president and CEO....
InBev CEO Carlos Brito has said that the company is focusing on boosting sales in Western Europe after a year of declining volumes....
InBev has refused to comment on reports that it is considering a bid for a stake in Beijing Yanjing Brewery....
Heineken is planning to launch key regional Russian brand Stepan Razin nationwide, with a roll out slated for the end of the year....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends