PARAGUAY: A-B set to launch Budweiser
US brewing giant Anheuser-Busch is to launch Budweiser in Paraguay.
The brewer has teamed up with local drinks group Bebidas del Paraguay, which will import and distribute Bud throughout the Latin American country.
Budweiser sold through Bebidas del Paraguay will be brewed and packaged by the Argentina-based subsidiary of Compañía Cervecerías Unidas (CCU) in Santa Fe. CCU currently brews Budweiser and distributes the beer throughout Argentina.
Esteban Amoia, regional marketing manager, South America, at Anheuser-Busch International said: "Paraguay is an important beer market, as industry volume has grown more than 10 percent annually during the past two years. Budweiser already enjoys a strong brand image due to its past presence in the market and our research shows a growing interest in premium international beers."
Bebidas del Paraguay is the beverage division of the Palermo Group, a company that also has business interests in finance, beef production, aviation, sports management and tobacco.
Anheuser-Busch has come out fighting against claims it is targeting children with one of its alcoholic brands....
Local reports have suggested that India's United Breweries may put a spanner in the works of any potential tie-up between Scottish & Newcastle and SABMiller....
A US consumer watchdog has attacked Anheuser-Busch for its "kid-friendly" marketing of Spykes....
Chinese conglomerate China Resources Enterprise (CRE), SABMiller's ally in the country, has credited a "major leap" in its brewing business for its earnings and sales growth in 2006....
The former Rolling Rock brewery in the US is set to start brewing Samuel Adams. Boston Beer Co. has signed an agreement with a subsidiary of City Brewing to brew some of its beer in Latrobe, Pennsylva...
Goldman Sachs has begun coverage of Dutch brewer Royal Grolsch....
Anheuser-Busch plans to build a greenfield brewery in the Chinese province of Guangdong. The US brewing giant said today (3 April) that the investment would help build on the "significant growth" of i...
The Czech Prime Minister is to visit state-owned brewer Budejovicky Budvar on Friday (6 April) to hold talks on the company's future, just-drinks understands....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015