INDIA: A-B set to draw up entry strategy
Anheuser-Busch is mulling whether to enter the fast-growing Indian beer market, according to the head of the US brewer's international operations.
Steve Burrows told just-drinks that India had "a lot of potential" in terms of low per capita beer consumption and the prospects for growth and said A-B had undertaken a review of how it could enter the market.
"We're hoping to put together an entry strategy there, a long-term growth strategy, although we haven't made a decision yet" he told just-drinks on Friday (7 April).
"We believe India has a lot of potential. We've been very busy in China but we can't lose sight of the fact that, for the long-term development of our business, we need to explore other markets."
Reports in India last month had linked A-B with talks with a number of local brewers, including Aurangabad Breweries in Maharashtra and Arlem Breweries in Goa. However, Burrows declined to comment on whether A-B had been in negotiations with Indian brewers or whether it was interested in bidding for Foster's Group's Indian operations.
He said: "As a big multinational brewer, you would expect us to be familiar with the various alternatives out there today but we haven't made any decision."
Anheuser-Busch has countered attacks against the launch of its caffeine-infused B(E) beer....
Anheuser-Busch is to follow the US launch of its B(E) beer by rolling out the brand in the UK....
An Italian court has ruled in Anheuser-Busch's favour, ordering the cancellation of three registered trademarks in Italy held by Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar....
Anheuser-Busch has reiterated its 2005 earnings per share outlook....
Anheuser-Busch is the latest US drinks company to be hit by industrial action....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Beer producer Anheuser-Busch is playing the patriotic card in its latest marketing push....
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review