CHINA: A-B mulls fresh Budvar appeal
Anheuser-Busch is mulling a fresh appeal to block the entry of Czech rival Budejovicky Budvar into China.
The US brewing giant said last night (13 July) that it was "considering its legal options" after a Beijing court threw out its latest appeal against the registration of the Budejovický Budvar trademark in China.
"The ruling in China has no impact on our business and does not weaken our very strong and exclusive Budweiser and Bud trademark rights in this country," said Steve Burrows, president and CEO of A-B's international business.
Budvar said yesterday that the court's decision supported a ruling last year that allowed the brewer to register the Budejovický Budvar trademark in China.
"The court's final ruling is an important step towards the definite registration of our trademarks. We have significantly reached the point where the Chinese market will be open for us," a Budvar spokesman told just-drinks.
The century-old rivalry between Anheuser-Busch and Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar took an unexpected twist earlier this week when the two brewers signed an import deal for the US market. However, des...
Anheuser-Busch cannot use the Budweiser name in Portugal, the highest chamber of the European Court of Human Rights has ruled....
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed details of its latest quarterly dividend payment....
Vietnamese state-owned drinks group Sabeco is reportedly set to build five breweries this year as it triples investment behind its production capacity....
Anheuser-Busch approached Czech rival Budejovicky Budvar to start the talks that led to the two companies signing an import deal for the US market, just-drinks has learnt....
InBev has remodelled its import business in the US to focus on its Labatt brands from Canada and Brazilian beer Brahma....
Anheuser-Busch has refused to be drawn on reports linking it to the takeover of US craft brewer Old Dominion Brewing Co....
Anheuser-Busch has signed a US import deal with Czech arch-rival Budejovicky Budvar in a deal that will stun many in the beer industry....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research