US: A-B leans on past in Michelob revamp
Anheuser-Busch has drawn on the history of beer brand Michelob as it prepares to relaunch the product across the US.
A-B has decided to go back to Michelob's original recipe when it was first brewed in 1896. Michelob was initially brewed using 100% malt and from 26 February the brand will go on sale as an all-malt beer.
The Budweiser brewing giant has revamped the brand's packaging, a move that also harks back to yesteryear. Michelob Lager and Michelob Light will be packaged in redesigned "teardrop" bottles based on the original package launched in 1961.
"The teardrop bottle was originally created to make the beer immediately identifiable in even a darkened bar or restaurant, and we're going back to those roots," said Eduardo Pereda, director of marketing, Michelob Family, Anheuser-Busch today (9 February).
"We think the tradition of the new bottles and the all-malt recipes will give adult beer drinkers two great reasons to rediscover Michelob."
A-B has also redesigned the packaging for speciality brew Michelob AmberBock. The brand's new look will be available nationally on 5 March.
The drinks industry has come under attack in the US for supposedly using energy drinks to mask the effect of alcohol....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas has posted an impressive leap in operating and net profit in the year so far....
US drinks distributor Silver Eagle Distributors L.P. has acquired all assets of BudCo, the Anheuser-Busch and Grupo Modelo sales, marketing and distribution company for 13 counties in South Texas....
Anheuser-Busch has posted a steady rise in profits and sales for its second quarter....
A local broker has lowered its coverage of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
InBev and SABMiller have had their share coverage raised....
Anheuser-Busch has lined up a super-premium natural spring water for distribution in the US....
Budejovicky Budvar has seen beer exports to the US leap in the first half of this year....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages