US: A-B launches Purus organic Italian wheat vodka
Anheuser-Busch has launched a new vodka brand through its Long Tail Libations spirits arm across the US.
The company said today (27 November) that the new vodka, called Purus, will be "the world's first 100% organic Italian wheat vodka" and will be distributed through its wholesalers in the country.
The vodka will be available in the "north-east's most exclusive high-end lounges, restaurants and specialty grocery and liquor stores," the company said.
"Purus has set a new standard for high-end vodkas with its clean, refined taste and exceptional style," said John Giarrante, innovation manager at Long Tail Libations. "From trendy hotspots and upscale after-hours clubs to the relaxed evening at home, Purus can be enjoyed as an organic martini, in your favourite cocktail or simply over ice."
A-B said it will focus on the vodka's environmental credentials, noting that the bottle is 100% recyclable with a 100% tree-free label, environmentally safe soy-based inks, water-based adhesives and a sustainable cork closure.
As part of the launch, American Forests will plant one tree on behalf of the first 100,000 adult visitors to register on the Purus website, beginning in December. Trees will be planted in California, Florida and Texas.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine was the frontrunner to land Absolut vodka but was pipped at the post by Pernod Ricard. However, president and CEO Tom Flocco says the company has quickly put that disappoint...
Last year, just-drinks took part in a working party, set up following the World Whiskies Conference in 2007, to look at how to raise the profile of Scotch whisky. At this year's conference, held in Gl...
In anticipation of the London International Wine Fair, Chris Losh has put together a few questions, touching on some of the imponderable puzzlements of the drinks industry, for visitors to mull over, ...
Absolut Vodka has announced the launch of its first TV commercial in the UK, as part of the vodka brand's global 'In an Absolut World' campaign....
Anheuser-Busch has launched a new advertising campaign in the UK for Michelob Lager with the strapline "Brewed for the Finest Bars Since 1896"....
Tsingtao Brewery Co. has announced plans to launch an off-trade promotion across the US this summer to "celebrate all things Asian"....
Central European Distribution Corporation has seen profits soar in its first quarter, according to figures released today (1 May)....
Tsingtao Brewery Co. has posted a massive lift in profits for the first quarter....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018