US: A-B launches new seasonal brew
US brewer Anheuser-Busch is adding a new beer to its seasonal range with the launch of Sun Dog Amber Wheat this spring.
Sun Dog is an unfiltered 5.3% abv wheat beer, brewed at Anheuser-Busch's Fort Collins brewery in Colorado.
In addition to being served in bars and restaurants - with a distinctive tap marker featuring a dog wearing sunglasses and carrying a bright red Frisbee - the beer will also be available in six-packs at grocery and convenience stores.
"Wheat beers are one of my favourite styles to brew because of their versatility," said A-B brewmaster Florian Kuplent. "From Bavarian to Belgian to American, each style has its own colour, aroma and taste. Our take on the American amber wheat ale is a luminous deep amber colour with a slight caramel sweetness and refreshing citrus note."
The new beer will replace Spring Heat Spiced Wheat in A-B's seasonal range. Spring Heat Spiced Wheat is to become an all-year-round offering, and is being re-branded as Shock Top Belgian White.
The other brews in A-B's seasonal range, launched three years ago, are Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale, Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale and Beach Bum Blonde Ale.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Ten facts about Anheuser-Busch:...
InBev has announced it has completed the first phase of financing its takeover of Anheuser-Busch, thanks to strong support from key bankers....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Celebrity Jessica Simpson is to be the 'face' of beer brand Stampede Light Plus, marketed as the beer for health-conscious consumers, in the US....
Chinese beer group Tsingtao Brewery Co has held off rising costs and a weaker domestic beer market to increase profit by 42% in its first half....
InBev has been asked for further information from the US Department of Justice before receiving clearance for its acquisition of Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has said CEO August Busch IV is in talks to sign a multi-million dollar consultancy contract with the brewer's prospective new owners, InBev....
Rising consumer interest in speciality beers and a fresh round of industry consolidation have given brewers in the US reasons to be optimistic, a report says....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research