US: A-B launches Budweiser & Clamato Chelada nationwide
Anheuser-Busch is rolling out its Budweiser & Clamato Chelada and Bud Light & Clamato Chelada pre-mixed products nationwide, on the back of successful test-marketing in Arizona, Colorado and Nebraska.
The pre-mixed drinks were made available to convenience stores, supermarkets and grocery stores nationwide from 14 January.
Latino drinkers, notably Mexicans, have been mixing beer with Clamato for decades, and A-B has launched the pre-mix Budweiser & Clamato Chelada and Bud Light & Clamato Chelada to tap into that demand. The drinks combine A-B's lager with a spicy Clamato Tomato Cocktail produced by Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB).
"This is a recipe that combines cultures and flavours," said Ana Vitrano, product manager at Anheuser-Busch, Inc. "Budweiser, Bud Light and Clamato are all highly respected brands that, when combined, produce the authentic-tasting recipe many Latinos love. It's la combinacion perfecta!"
Budweiser Chelada contains 5% alcohol by volume (ABV), while the Bud Light Chelada has an ABV of 4.2%. They are available in 24-ounce single-serve cans and 16-ounce four-pack cans.
Ten facts about Anheuser-Busch:...
Anheuser-Busch this week responded to speculation about its future in a letter to its employees amidst the ongoing takeover dispute with InBev....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news on V&S and A-B and cost pressures at Cott, whilst whisky dominated the spirits headlines....
Anheuser-Busch has extended its marketing relationship with The Chicago Cubs through to 2013....
The Pocket Shot Company has entered into an alliance with spirits distributor Pocket Distribution in Europe....
A group of Anheuser-Busch shareholders have filed lawsuits against the brewer, claiming A-B's board has breached its fiduciary responsibility by rejecting InBev's recent takeover offer....
Policymakers seeking to reduce binge-drinking should find ways of sending messages via complex social networks of friends who regularly abuse alcohol, a British study has concluded....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has been moved to announce its non-endorsement of a mini-tender offer in the US....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends