RUSSIA: A-B InBev subsidiary shuts brewery
All operations at Sun InBev's Pushkin Brewery have been suspended from this week, a group spokesperson told just-drinks today (16 December).
He said the move, which will lead to job losses, followed "unexpected slowing down of growth in the brewery industry and uncertain forecasts for [Russia's] economic performance".
The move will serve as a further warning to other brewers operating in Russia, following concerns about a beer market slowdown this year, partly due to poor summer weather.
Sun InBev said that it aimed to cut costs by suspending production at Pushkin. Some of the brewery's 250 workers will be offered jobs elsewhere in the group, it said, although it conceded that jobs losses would be unavoidable.
"The company is planning to redistribute the volumes that were produced in Pushkin Brewery to other plants so that the overall production and tax payments of Sun InBev in Russia will not be affected," it added.
Spanish police said this week that they have uncovered a plot by Basque separatist group ETA to assassinate a Spanish senior judge by giving him poisoned French brandy as a "present". just-drinks look...
Brick Brewing has agreed to change the label of its Red Baron beer, following a lawsuit filed against the firm by Labatt Brewing Co....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed that major shareholder BRC Sarl is to sell a "very small fraction" of its stake in the brewer....
InBev India International is to control the operations of Budweiser beer in the country....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the sale of its remaining 7% stake in Tsingtao Brewery to private Chinese investor Chen Fashu for US$235m....
Private equity group Kohl Kravis Roberts & Co has declined to comment on a report that it is looking to sell minority stakes in Oriental Brewery, which it agreed to buy from Anheuser-Busch InBev last ...
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co, the private equity group behind the purchase of Anheuser-Busch InBev's Oriental Brewery last month, has posted net losses of US$1.9bn for 2008....
Innovative Beverage Group (IBG) has entered into an agreement with Ludwig Distributing Company to bring the company's 'relaxation beverage' Drank to east-central Arkansas....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report