RUSSIA: A-B InBev subsidiary opens new brewery
Sun InBev, the Russian subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev, has opened a new EUR150m (US$192m) brewery in the country.
A Sun InBev spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today (11 March) that the Angarsk brewery, based in the Irkutsk region, is fully operational and has a capacity of 1.8m hectolitres.
Construction of the brewery began in 2006, said the firm, which is the second largest beer producer in Russia, behind carlsberg's Baltic Beverages Holding.
In December, Sun InBev told just-drinks that it had suspended operations at its Pushkin Brewery in St Petersburg, following an "unexpected slowing down of growth in the brewery industry and uncertain forecasts for [Russia's] economic performance".
Both Anheuser-Busch InBev - purveyor of the president's favorite tipple - Bud Light - and MillerCoors are raising prices at the same time, during a recession and while beer demand is slumping. With an...
A shift in demand for premium beers in western markets and a cautious second-half outlook has taken some of the shine off a strong first half performance from Anheuser-Busch InBev, writes Michelle Rus...
Cider firms in the UK may look to lower the alcohol content of their products, following in the footsteps of a new wave of lower alcohol beers, the new head of the country's cider trade body believes....
C&C Group has declined to comment further on reports claiming that it is looking to expand its Magners cider brand to the Nordic markets....
Beringer Vineyards is to sponsor the PGA Tour, Champions Tour and Nationwide Tour in the US beginning next year....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
C&C Group has hailed its takeover of Anheuser-Busch InBev businesses in Ireland and Scotland, including the popular Tennent's lager, as a "long-term play" that will significantly enhance the company's...
A summer recovery has helped C&C group to halt a volume sales rot in its cider division, but the group's net sales still fell for the first five months of its fiscal year....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends