US: A-B InBev, Stella Artois support film events
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Stella Artois beer is to sponsor a number of American Film Institute (AFI) events this year.
The events kicked off with a life achievement award honouring Michael Douglas on 11 June and will continue with the 23rd annual AFI Festival from 30 October to 7 November in Los Angeles, A-B InBev said this week.
"AFI plays a vital role in training the next generation of film makers, while helping preserve the film industry's rich heritage," said Paul Byrne, product manager for A-B InBev's Belgian brands.
"Stella Artois also has a history of supporting the global film industry including major film festivals and independent cinema."
Stella Artois recently partnered with actor Kevin Spacey and film networking site TriggerStreet.com to create the Stella Artois Short Film Project, which "discovers and showcases emerging film making talent", and awards one independent film maker a US$50,000 cash prize for their short film displaying the themes of "sacrifice" or "perfection."
Results posted by major brewers in recent weeks suggest conditions are improving in the global beer market, which is borne out by a new report from just-drinks forecasting growth over the medium term....
Molson Coors and C&C Group have revised their distribution agreement over C&C's Draught Magners cider brand in the UK....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has beefed up its "recyclage" activity for its Stella Artois brand in the UK....
Skinny Nutritional has posted almost a doubling of net losses for its third quarter, as sales continue to rise for its flavoured water portfolio....
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has questioned the legality of caffeinated alcoholic beverages and may ban the drinks if producers cannot prove that adding caffeine to alcohol is safe....
The US Food ad Drug Administration is to investigate the safety and legality of caffeinated alcoholic beverages, following concern over the effects of the drinks on consumers....
AmBev, the division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, booked a 5.8% increase in third-quarter profit, boosted by beer sales in Brazil and prices increases....
Read the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview