BELGIUM: A-B InBev shareholder cuts stake
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed that major shareholder BRC Sarl is to sell a "very small fraction" of its stake in the brewer.
Responding to a report from Bloomberg yesterday (11 June), a spokesperson for A-B InBev told just-drinks today that the sale will occur through a private transaction which does not involve A-B InBev.
While the spokesperson did not confirm the size of the sale, Bloomberg cited people close to the situation as saying that BRC Sarl will divest 11m shares in the brewer, reducing its 23.5% stake.
The Brazil-based investment company, along with a group of Belgian families who controlled InBev - collectively known as EPS, "will continue to hold more than 50% of AB InBev's capital following the transaction", the spokesperson said.
"EPS and BRC have confirmed that this sale does not in any way impact their commitments under the A-B InBev Shareholders agreement," she added.
Results posted by major brewers in recent weeks suggest conditions are improving in the global beer market, which is borne out by a new report from just-drinks forecasting growth over the medium term....
Molson Coors and C&C Group have revised their distribution agreement over C&C's Draught Magners cider brand in the UK....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has beefed up its "recyclage" activity for its Stella Artois brand in the UK....
Skinny Nutritional has posted almost a doubling of net losses for its third quarter, as sales continue to rise for its flavoured water portfolio....
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has questioned the legality of caffeinated alcoholic beverages and may ban the drinks if producers cannot prove that adding caffeine to alcohol is safe....
The US Food ad Drug Administration is to investigate the safety and legality of caffeinated alcoholic beverages, following concern over the effects of the drinks on consumers....
AmBev, the division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, booked a 5.8% increase in third-quarter profit, boosted by beer sales in Brazil and prices increases....
Read the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020