BELGIUM: A-B InBev shareholder cuts stake
Responding to a report from Bloomberg yesterday (11 June), a spokesperson for A-B InBev told just-drinks today that the sale will occur through a private transaction which does not involve A-B InBev.
While the spokesperson did not confirm the size of the sale, Bloomberg cited people close to the situation as saying that BRC Sarl will divest 11m shares in the brewer, reducing its 23.5% stake.
The Brazil-based investment company, along with a group of Belgian families who controlled InBev - collectively known as EPS, "will continue to hold more than 50% of AB InBev's capital following the transaction", the spokesperson said.
"EPS and BRC have confirmed that this sale does not in any way impact their commitments under the A-B InBev Shareholders agreement," she added.
Results posted by major brewers in recent weeks suggest conditions are improving in the global beer market, which is borne out by a new report from just-drinks forecasting growth over the medium term....
Molson Coors and C&C Group have revised their distribution agreement over C&C's Draught Magners cider brand in the UK....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has beefed up its "recyclage" activity for its Stella Artois brand in the UK....
Skinny Nutritional has posted almost a doubling of net losses for its third quarter, as sales continue to rise for its flavoured water portfolio....
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has questioned the legality of caffeinated alcoholic beverages and may ban the drinks if producers cannot prove that adding caffeine to alcohol is safe....
The US Food ad Drug Administration is to investigate the safety and legality of caffeinated alcoholic beverages, following concern over the effects of the drinks on consumers....
AmBev, the division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, booked a 5.8% increase in third-quarter profit, boosted by beer sales in Brazil and prices increases....
Read the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research