EU: A-B InBev fails in Budweiser trademark case
The European Court of First Instance this week upheld an earlier decision against Anheuser-Busch, now Anheuser-Busch InBev, made by the Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market (OHIM).
The ruling marks a victory for Czech brewery Budejovický Budvar in its long-running dispute with Anheuser over the Budweiser name.
Budejovický Budvar successfully opposed Anheuser's claim to the name in the case before the OHIM. Anheuser then took the case to the Court of First Instance.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Lion Nathan is to distribute the Budweiser portfolio of brands in Australia from December, the company announced this week....
Blackstone Group is looking at a possible deal to buy Anheuser-Busch InBev's theme parks, according to reports....
The Irish Competition Authority has given Clonmel-based drinks group C&C the go-ahead for its EUR205.2m (US$300.8m) purchase of the Tennant's lager brand and assets in Scotland and Northern Ireland....
See the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Private equity group CVC Capital Partners still intends to acquire Anheuser-Busch InBev brewing assets in Eastern Europe, just-drinks understands....
InBev UK, the divsion of Anheuser-Busch InBev, is to launch an advertising campaign for its alcohol-free Beck's Blue brand....
The CEO of Canada's Brick Brewing Company has told just-drinks his business will "aggressively defend" an intellectual property lawsuit brought by Anheuser-Busch InBev....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review