BELGIUM: A-B InBev completes Eastern Europe assets sale
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the sale of brewing assets across Eastern Europe to private equity group CVC Capital.
The deal nets A-B InBev an initial US$2.2bn, but the brewer could receive a further $800m depending on the performance of the businesses under CVC Capital.
A-B InBev said today (2 December) that the assets will be renamed 'StarBev'.
They include brewing assets in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia and Slovakia.
However, A-B InBev will retain the right to brew Czech beer brand Staropramen in Russia and Ukraine and to distribute the beer in several other markets, including the UK, US and Germany.
StarBev will also brew Stella Artois, Beck's, Löwenbräu and Spaten and distribute Hoegaarden and Leffe - under licence from A-B InBev - in the countries in which it operates.
Yesterday, A-B InBev announced it had completed the sale of theme parks in the US to Blackstone.
The two deals are part of the brewer's strategy to dispose of at least $7bn in assets following InBev's $52bn takeover of A-B late last year.
China's Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery, which is 24%-owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev, is planning to raise up to RMB1bn (US$146M) via a share offering, according to a report....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018