US: A-B In-Bev Stella Artois to sponsor James Beard awards
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Stella Artois lager is to become the official beer sponsor of the 2009 James Beard Foundation Media Awards.
Taking place from 3-4 May in New York, the awards are deemed the "Oscars of the food world", Anheuser-Busch InBev said yesterday (30 April).
"Sponsoring the James Beard Foundation Awards allows us to reach the finest chefs and most influential culinary media in the world with a clear message that our Belgian beers can elevate the finest dining experience," said Paul Byrne, product manager for A-B InBev's Belgian brands division, which also includes Leffe.
"Throughout the various award dinners and receptions, guests can visit our Belgian Beer Cafe to learn firsthand about Stella Artois, Hoegaarden and Leffe and why these beers are a natural fit for the culinary world," Byrne said.
Financial details of the sponsorship have not been disclosed.
Those who doubted that Anheuser-Busch InBev would meet its US$7bn disposals target clearly underestimated the beast they were dealing with....
Here you can find the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has rejected accusations of gender bias in its executive pay scale, following a lawsuit filed by Anheuser-Busch's ex-communications chief....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
A joint procurement deal between PepsiCo and Anheuser-Busch this week has seen the two drinks giants form a global alliance to purchase indirect goods and services in the US, from technology hardware ...
PepsiCo has apologised after it was accused of stereotyping women with an iPhone application for its Amp Energy drink in the US, offering advice on how to pick up women....
Anheuser-Busch has announced a sponsorship deal with NBC Universal for its Bud Light Golden Wheat beer brand in the US....
Anheuser-Busch InBev blew its US$7bn disposals target out of the water today, completing the brewer's mission to help pay off the A-B acquisition by refocusing the company on core businesses and marke...
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits