US: A-B adds Vermont vodka to US spirits distribution stable
Anheuser-Busch has added to its spirits portfolio in the US, with a vodka distribution deal in the north-east of the country.
The brewer, which last week said it would distribute Margaritaville Tequila in the state of Massachusetts, confirmed yesterday (11 June) that it will become the master distributor in Vermont, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and other select markets for three vodka brands owned by Vermont Spirits.
The deal, covering Vermont Gold, Vermont Gold Vintage and Vermont White, begins this month with select A-B wholesalers in New England handling the brands, initially focusing on licensed states. While Vermont Spirits will continue to oversee marketing for the vodkas, the deal allows for potential limited equity holding in the future, A-B said.
The company also said that it is looking to test a limited portfolio of premium spirits in targeted markets in the north-east, highlighting the Margaritaville agreement made earlier this month.
"Vermont Spirits is a great-tasting, high-end vodka distilled from pure, natural resources," said Dave Peacock, vice president of business operations for A-B. "Products like these ... vodkas allow us to compete in this growing category in a limited way, while gaining a deeper understanding of distributing a liquor-based product through our wholesaler system."
Rising raw material costs have been a feature of numerous companies' results over the past few months. As Jessica Harvey writes, some companies have been able to bolster themselves against this trend ...
Constellation's US$885m purchase of Fortune Brands' wine portfolio further adds to the acquisitive US company's impressive line-up. Chris Losh believes the deal makes perfect sense for Constellation, ...
Anheuser-Busch has promoted its vice president of corporate labor relations to the newly-vacated role of group vice president and chief legal officer....
Maxxium Worldwide has unveiled a new on-trade serving suggestion for its core range of spirits....
Sula Selections, the import arm of Sula Vineyards, has launched Asahi Super Dry beer in the Indian market....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has announced an addition to its 100 Años Tequila stable in the US....
The European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development has warned the region's vodka producers that there will be "no nit-picking" over pending definition laws....
Anheuser-Busch has reaffirmed its full-year earnings per share growth despite the rising costs of commodities....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends