US: A-B adds to 180 energy drink portfolio
Anheuser-Busch has unveiled an addition to its energy drink stable.
180 Red with Goji, a cherry-flavoured energy drink, will join its 180 energy drink offering in the US. At the same time, A-B has released 180 Blue Low Calorie and 180 Sugar-Free Orange Citrus Blast.
The US brewer launched 180 Blue, which contains acai berry, red grape and blueberry juices, toward the end of last year.
"Anheuser-Busch is the first major beverage company to launch an energy drink made with the exotic Goji berry," said Andy Goeler, vice president of imports, crafts and specialty at A-B. "Not only does this give 180 Red its unique attributes, it also gives adults a great-tasting energy drink they can enjoy during active events or socially with friends.
"Our three newest 180 flavours fit seamlessly into our energy drink family, offering a range of choices for every adult."
The three new flavours are available now across the US in 8.2-oz and 16-oz cans.
Soft drinks producers are seeking increasingly exotic ingredients, notably fruits, for new product ideas. But, writes Annette Farr, novel foods legislation in the EU could stifle such innovation, prev...
The American Beverage Association has declared that it spent almost US$200,000 lobbying the federal government in the US in the first half of this year....
Anheuser-Busch has taken on the distribution and marketing of BORBA's drinkable skincare line across the US and around the world....
The chief legal officers from 29 states have united to condemn alcoholic energy drinks....
Anheuser-Busch has quashed rumours that it has plans to build a second brewery in India....
Thai Beverage has posted a drop in Q2 net profit due to recent marketing expenses, but has secured a bank loan to cover costs for the year....
China's leading beer producer Tsingtao Brewery is planning to increase its production capacity by 1m tons by the end of 2007, according to local reports....
Boo Koo Beverages has merged with Captech Financial Group and also reported recent shifts in management....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China