US: A-B adds new flavour to Bacardi Silver range
Its rival SABMiller may have rid itself of most of its read-to-drink (RTD) brands last week, but that doesn't seem to have dampened Anheuser-Busch's enthusiasm for the category, with the announcement today that it has added another flavour extension to its Bacardi Silver portfolio.
In a statement today, Anheuser-Busch said it has added Bacardi Silver Limón to its flavored malt beverage line.
"Bacardi Silver Limón offers adult consumers who enjoy flavored malt beverages a surprisingly refreshing new taste that is unlike any other ," said Marlene Coulis, director of new products, Anheuser-Busch, Inc. "This beverage category is all about what's new and Bacardi Silver Limón's unique lemon flavour fits right in."
The brand will use a variety of media, including national television, cable, print, outdoor and promotional radio in its marketing plan, A-B said. Bacardi Silver Limón will be supported with custom point-of-sale materials and promotional items.
"Lemon and citrus flavors account for 33% of flavoured spirit sales and therefore presents an opportunity to continue building on the Bacardi Silver Family," Coulis said.
Bacardi Silver Limón will be available in 12- and 24-ounce bottles, 16-ounce plastic bottles and 1/6 and 1/4 barrel draught.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Brown-Forman Beverages has replaced Bacardi as its spirits distributor in Canada....
Bacardi USA., Inc. has appointed Sex and the City actress Kim Cattrall as the celebrity spokeswoman for its new FAB, Island Breeze....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
The California Assembly Governmental Organization Committee has passed legislation that would ban the controversial "alcohol without liquid" (AWOL) device, which allows consumers to inhale alcohol by ...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends