UK: £8m promotional support for Britvic's Juice Up
Britvic also has a £8m promotional support plan including national TV advertising, consumer promotions, press and radio advertising and PR.
"Our TV activity has ensured that 80% of children are aware of the product. The segment is set for long-term growth and our huge support package will ensure that Juice Up fulfils its potential of becoming a 60m litre brand within this sector," said Andrew Marsden Britvic's category director.
"Juice Up's 2000 launch into the multiple grocers sector had a huge impact on the juice drink category. We now want to replicate that success within the key impulse channel," he added.
Other promotional activity includes the development of new point of sale including shelf dividers, shelf wobblers, chiller stickers and posters.
Developed to appeal to health aware mothers and six- to 13-year-old children, Juice Up claims to have at least 17% real fruit juice with calcium and six essential vitamins, no artificial colours and no added sugar.
It will be available from March 19 in a new street size 440ml easy grip pack in all three flavours - Smooth Orange, Cool Berry and Sunshine Tropical. Juice Up is also available in 1.3 litres and 6 x 200ml packs in the multiple sector and in the impulse sector it is available in cases of 12 440ml plastic bottles and has a recommended sale price of £0.75.
Companies: Pernod Ricard
I'm not one naturally to side with the hugely rich and influential, but I can't help but feel a twinge of sympathy for those members of the Taittinger clan who wanted to keep the family business. Alas...
The last month has seen the launch of two prestige wines from South Africa, not hitherto a region renowned for super-premium offerings. But if these two take off, Chris Losh expects to see more super-...
A new public relations agency has been appointed for two of Coors Brewing Company's beer brands....
Sweden's state-owned retail monopoly Systembolaget is launching an SEK8m (US$960,000) ad campaign to defend its hold on alcohol sales in the country....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Anheuser-Busch is to follow the US launch of its B(E) beer by rolling out the brand in the UK....
Cobra Beer has announced plans to launch Cobra Lower Cal/Lower Carb in the UK....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends