US: 7UP in all-natural relaunch
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages flagship brand 7UP will be made from 100% natural ingredients for the first time this month.
The move marks the drink's 77th year in production with the removal of all artificial ingredients, such as the artificial flavor preservative, calcium disodium EDTA. Only the five natural ingredients of filtered carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, natural citric acid, natural flavours and natural potassium citrate remain.
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages chief marketing officer Randy Gier said: "We're proud to be the first mainstream carbonated soft drink brand to address consumer demand for a great tasting lemon-lime soft drink made from 100% natural ingredients."
Additionally, sodium has been reduced nearly 50% per 12 oz can, from 75mg to 40mg.
Cadbury-Schweppes has insisted that the disposal of its European soft drinks businesses is not indicative of a move away from soft drinks, but analysts see the group focusing increasingly on confectio...
Population growth in developing markets and the overall demand for healthier products are key factors offering growth for the juices and nectars category, according to a report recently published by j...
Cadbury Schweppes has agreed to sell its European beverages business....
PepsiCo has refused to comment on reports linking the company with a bid for Cadbury Schweppes' soft drink business....
The European arm of drinks group Cadbury Schweppes is expected to be sold next month for around GBP1.1bn ($1.9bn), according to press reports....
UK-based soft drinks to sweets group Cadbury Schweppes has issued a trading update ahead of an investor seminar to be held in Dallas, Texas on 10 and 11 October....
Cadbury Schweppes is moving ever closer to selling off its European soft drinks business, according to German press reports....
Rumours are circling that Cadbury Schweppes' soft drinks business may be merged with Britvic....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research