US: 7 Up to launch fortified CSD
Cadbury Schweppes soft drink division Dr Pepper/Seven Up today unveiled plans to introduce a fortified carbonated soft drink onto the US market. The company claims its is a first from a major CSD brand.
7 Up Plus will be fortified with calcium, vitamin C, real fruit juice and sweetened with Splenda.
"We are extremely excited about the positive buzz around the development of 7 Up Plus. Consumers tell us the product tastes great, and nutritionists say this is exactly the choice of beverage many people today are seeking to bring greater balance into their lives," said Randy Gier, Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages executive vice president-marketing.
"Our research indicates there are times when consumers want their favourite, classic soft drinks with added nutritional benefits. 7 Up Plus is an easy way for consumers to put some 'balance in their bubbles' when choosing a carbonated beverage."
7 Up Plus will be sweetened with Splenda and will contain approximately 10 calories and three grams of carbohydrates per serving.
"7 Up is an iconic brand celebrating 75 years of refreshment and a heritage of challenging conventional thinking," stated Jim Trebilcock, 7 Up senior vice president-marketing. "7 Up's clean flavor profile makes it uniquely qualified to be a leader and introduce this new category of beverages. Consumer tastes and lifestyles are changing, and 7 Up continues to change with them by providing beverage choices that allow people to have a more balanced lifestyle."
The company is currently finalizing marketing and distribution plans for the product launch.
Cadbury Schweppes has agreed to sell its European beverages business....
PepsiCo has refused to comment on reports linking the company with a bid for Cadbury Schweppes' soft drink business....
The European arm of drinks group Cadbury Schweppes is expected to be sold next month for around GBP1.1bn ($1.9bn), according to press reports....
UK-based soft drinks to sweets group Cadbury Schweppes has issued a trading update ahead of an investor seminar to be held in Dallas, Texas on 10 and 11 October....
Cadbury Schweppes is moving ever closer to selling off its European soft drinks business, according to German press reports....
Rumours are circling that Cadbury Schweppes' soft drinks business may be merged with Britvic....
Cadbury Schweppes Americas brand Mott's has announced a new line of fortified beverages....
AG Barr has agreed a new long-term contract with Cadbury Schweppes for the production, marketing and sale of the Orangina brand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020