NZ: 42 Below sells Charlie's shares
A New Zealand businessman has bought a stake in juice company Charlie's.
Tony Kerridge confirmed today (9 November) that he has bought a 4.4% share of the company from 42 Below, which bought a 4.7% stake in Charlie's in December last year. Earlier this year, Charlie's completed the purchase of rival juice company Phoenix Organics for a total of NZ$10m (US$6.6m),
"I have followed the Charlie's story for some time and have been very impressed with the company's market penetration, brands and unique marketing," Kerridge said. "I am very keen to actively invest in New Zealand success stories and the Charlie's and Phoenix brands are an excellent opportunity for me."
Although financial details were not disclosed, 42 Below bought a 4.7% stake in Charlie's for NZ$1.6m. The sale by the vodka company, which sold up to Bacardi in September for an all-cash deal of NZ$138m, was a reflection of the company's focus in the premium alcoholic beverage market, said 42 Below head Geoff Ross.
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
EU accession was a big shock to the domestic drinks industries of the new EU members, opening up their markets to greater competition, but it also provided a potential boon to exports. Three years on,...
Moët Hennessey USA has been hit by a lawsuit over its Chopin vodka brand....
Stolichnaya has lined up a cinema advertising campaign in the UK as part of a fresh global push for the vodka brand....
Polmos Lublin has posted a huge leap in net profit for last year....
Empire Merchants has formed a sales division to represent the Bacardi, Brown-Forman and Rémy Cointreau brands New York....
McCormick Distilling Company has announced the introduction of a new brand of premium vodka in the US that aims to be environmentally friendly....
Stolichnaya is set to open its LA-based Stoli Hotel and introduce a website to the public this week....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US