THE NETHERLANDS: 3i completes Refresco acquisition
The company said it would be paying €70m in cash for Refresco, which produces carbonated soft drinks and fruit juices, while the rest of the purchase price would be represented by absorbing Refresco's bank debt.
Last month, the acquisition was approved under the EU's simplified anti-trust regulations which cleared the way for the purchase provided no further objections were received within a month.
Refresco has annual sales in the region of €500m.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch