RUSSIA: $35 m loan for OJSC
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) of the World Bank has lent US$35 m loan to OJSC Experimental-Cannery Lebedyansky, a key branded packed juices and juice drinks producer in Russia.
The loan will support expansion and modernisation plans, boosting production efficiency and capacity, expanding the company's product range, and strengthening distribution. Part of the US$87 m investment programme, the loan will help Lebedyansky introduce new aseptic PET packaging and acquire complimentary businesses.
Jean-Paul Pinard, IFC agribusiness director, said: "We are looking forward to a long-term, productive cooperation with Lebedyansky and to seeing it develop into a leading regional player in Eastern Europe."
Sectors: Soft drinks
While the overall market for tea in the UK has declined by some 12% over the past five years, iced tea consumption is on the rise. Annette Sessions reports on the potential for iced tea in the UK and ...
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Kirin Beverage Corp. has changed its forecast for the six-month period to 30 June....
Coca-Cola has announced the launch of its newly-named Aquabona mineral water in Spain....
Minute Maid 100% Pure Squeezed Juices, newly created by Coca-Cola Great Britain especially for British consumers, go on sale nationally this week as the first major launch under the Minute Maid brand....
Coca Cola is planning to invest €20m in a new production line at its plant at Socx near Dunkirk in northern France....
Cott Corporation's US subsidiary has begun shipping from its new manufacturing facility in Fort Worth, Texas....
Efes Breweries has posted its consolidated financial results for the quarter to 31 March 2005....
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- English Gin Breaks Away From its Core Markets
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Wine in the United Kingdom