US: 300 jobs to go at Tropicana
PepsiCo Inc.'s transfer of Tropicana's headquarters will result in job losses, the company announced yesterday. Although Tropicana's site in Bradenton, Florida will remain open, around 300 local jobs will be lost in the move to Chicago as part of a restructuring.
Of the 300 jobs to go, 100 will make the move to Chicago with the headquarters unit, while 200 will lose their jobs. Those leaving the company altogether will receive severance packages in line with their years of service. The 1,900 employees in Tropicana's manufacturing and distribution facilities will remain in Bradenton, along with a reduced management to supervise operations.
The headquarters move will bring the senior management of Tropicana, Dole and Twister brands together in the same building in Chicago.
The company said that most jobs will conclude in February next year.
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
Tropicana Products has appointed a new chief marketing officer....
Tropicana is adding a new orange drink with additional fibre to its portfolio....
Tropicana has said that it plans to increase retail prices of its orange juice from January, according to press reports....
PepsiCo is to change the labelling on two of its Tropicana drinks lines....
PepsiCo-owned Tropicana has launched a range of premium fruit juices called 'Tropicana Sensations' to grow in Spain's booming health-juice market....
PepsiCo has reported a 15% increase in second-quarter earnings per share to US$0.70, as non-carbonate drinks rescued a poorer performance by the CSD brands....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018