US: 21st Century Spirits teams with Agave Tequilana Productores
21st Century Spirits has secured the US importation and marketing rights for two Tequila brands from Agave Tequilana Productores.
The wine and spirits importer confirmed late last week that it has acquired the rights to import and market Oro Azul Tequila and El Olvido Tequila for the Mexican company.
21st Century Spirits said the deal, financial details of which were not disclosed, will see it take over from Barrel Select Importers in handling the brands.
The company said it will begin its national campaign with the distribution and promotion of Oro Azul's line of Tequila expressions, Blanco, Reposado and Anejo, followed later this year by the distribution and new US packaging debut of El Olvido Tequila Reposado.
"We are thrilled at the opportunity to represent these two remarkably authentic brands of Tequilas," said Kevin Egan, vice president of sales and marketing for 21st Century Spirits. "We are confident that our sales, distribution and marketing teams will effectively elevate the presence of each of these brands in the American market."
Established in 1921 and located in the Los Altos region of Mexico, Agave Tequilana Productores is owned and operated by the Lopez Garibay family
As Pernod Ricard names a new brand director for its gin brands, a recently published report from just-drinks/IWSR suggests it will not be an easy category from which to extract growth. Ben Cooper repo...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine, the division of Fortune Brands, is making "modest" job cuts as part of its worldwide restructuring initiative announced this week, just-drinks can confirm....
Fortune Brands is increasing advertising spend behind its major spirits brands, after reporting a pick-up in sales in the third quarter of 2009....
Brown-Forman has launched a number of interactive online platforms for its El Jimador Tequila brand....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is realigning its organisation, both in the US and internationally....
Diageo has confirmed a shake-up of its executive team in North America, and the appointment of a global chief for its Tequila portfolio....
Patrón Spirits has switched distribution of its products in Mexico to Bacardi....
Santo Spirits' Tequila Ambhar...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages