POLAND: 2005 beer production to rise slightly
Poland's beer output is expected to rise slightly this year, according to the country's brewery association ZPPP. The organisation said late last week that combined output should rise by 3.5% year-on-year for 2005 from 26.8m hectolitres in 2004.
The forecast is lower than the 9% to 11% per annum growth reached by the Polish breweries in the last ten years, said ZPPP. The country is also expected to be among the few European Union markets to report growth over the next few years, ZPPP said.
Last year, Polish breweries doubled their beer exports year-on-year, hitting 400,000 hectolitres. The market leader in terms of beer sales in 2004 was Grupa Zywiec, which sold over 10m hectolitres, followed by Kompania Piwowarska with 10m hectolitres, Carlsberg-Okocim with 4.2m hectolitres and Browar Belgia, with 1.09m hectolitres.
Combined, these four companies controlled 80% of the domestic beer market, while 30 small and medium-sized breweries controlled the remaining 20% in 2004.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- A Keeper of the Quaich writes - Editor's Viewpoint
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends