CHILE: 2004 Soft drinks sales hit record
Sales totaled $1bn in 2004. This year the industry is expecting further growth of between 5% and 6%.
Carbonated drinks made up 87% or 1.5bn litres of the total, while mineral water sales made up 8%. Sales of mineral water rose by 7.9% to 133m litres, while juice sales increased by 6% to 97m litres.
The industry expects much of this year's projected growth to come from increased sales of mineral water, juices and lower-calorie soft drinks.
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites