GERMANY: 2000 difficult year for German wine producers
The 2000 German harvest will not be a good one for German wine growers, according to the association of Quality Wine Growers (Verband Deutscher Praedikatsweingueter VDP).The harvest was smaller than expected due to heavy rain at the end of September.VDP president Michael Prinz zu Salm-Salm commented that the year 2000 would "separate the wheat from the chaff" to an extent not seen for ten years.The poor harvest comes at a time when, according to German reports, demand for top quality German wine is on the increase. However, producers of poorer qualities are still struggling as German wine in general continues to be out of favour and red wine dominates world wine sales (most German wine is white).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends