GERMANY: 2000 difficult year for German wine producers
The 2000 German harvest will not be a good one for German wine growers, according to the association of Quality Wine Growers (Verband Deutscher Praedikatsweingueter VDP).The harvest was smaller than expected due to heavy rain at the end of September.VDP president Michael Prinz zu Salm-Salm commented that the year 2000 would "separate the wheat from the chaff" to an extent not seen for ten years.The poor harvest comes at a time when, according to German reports, demand for top quality German wine is on the increase. However, producers of poorer qualities are still struggling as German wine in general continues to be out of favour and red wine dominates world wine sales (most German wine is white).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends