GERMANY: 2000 difficult year for German wine producers
The 2000 German harvest will not be a good one for German wine growers, according to the association of Quality Wine Growers (Verband Deutscher Praedikatsweingueter VDP).The harvest was smaller than expected due to heavy rain at the end of September.VDP president Michael Prinz zu Salm-Salm commented that the year 2000 would "separate the wheat from the chaff" to an extent not seen for ten years.The poor harvest comes at a time when, according to German reports, demand for top quality German wine is on the increase. However, producers of poorer qualities are still struggling as German wine in general continues to be out of favour and red wine dominates world wine sales (most German wine is white).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research