GERMANY: 2000 difficult year for German wine producers
The 2000 German harvest will not be a good one for German wine growers, according to the association of Quality Wine Growers (Verband Deutscher Praedikatsweingueter VDP).The harvest was smaller than expected due to heavy rain at the end of September.VDP president Michael Prinz zu Salm-Salm commented that the year 2000 would "separate the wheat from the chaff" to an extent not seen for ten years.The poor harvest comes at a time when, according to German reports, demand for top quality German wine is on the increase. However, producers of poorer qualities are still struggling as German wine in general continues to be out of favour and red wine dominates world wine sales (most German wine is white).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends