Product Launch - SWEDEN/UK: 180East's Hawthorn’s Gin
Click through to view the new gin
180East's Hawthorn’s Gin
Category - Spirits, gin, 37.5% abv
Available - From last month
Location - Initially in Sweden's Systembolaget network, in UK from tomorrow (26 April) at Sainsbury's
Price - SRP of GBP14.50 (US$24) per 70cl bottle
UK spirits distributor 180East is targeting consumers looking for “affordable luxury” with the launch of a new gin brand into the off-trade.
Hawthorn’s is priced at GBP14.50 in the UK, which 180East said gives it a unique space on the shelf. “The consumer will initially be drawn to the distinctive packaging but will be encouraged to purchase through a competitive price,” a spokesperson said.
Hawthorn’s is bottled and distilled in the UK and first launched in Sweden last month.
UK spirits distributor 180East, has launched a new gin brand, Hawthorn’s, into the off-trade this month, with the first bottles due to go on sale in Sainsbury’s, week commencing 28th April.
Based on a 200 year-old London Dry recipe, Hawthorns has been crafted in answer to a consumer demand for gin that delivers on both quality and price. The exact recipe will remain a secret but incorporates botanicals from different countries including Macedonian juniper, Sri Lankan nutmeg and Cassia Bark from Indonesia. Distilled and bottled in England, the result is a light, crisp and smooth gin, retailing at for £14.50 per bottle.
Jamie Taylor from 180East says of the brand, "We believe Hawthorn’s will occupy a unique space on the shelves of the UK’s supermarkets – nobody is producing a gin that comes close to the quality of Hawthorn’s for the same price; Hawthorn’s is probably the best gin £ per ml. The consumer will initially be drawn to the distinctive packaging but will be encouraged to purchase through a competitive price. We think of it as affordable luxury - a premium gin, to be enjoyed day in, day out and not just when it is on offer”.
Original source: Company Release
The world’s seventh largest spirits company, Bacardi also ranks 14th in the global wine market. This profile analyses Bacardi’s efforts to address the significant challenges facing its core fortified ...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Bacardi is the world’s seventh largest spirits company and the global leader in rum. This profile analyses the company’s efforts to revitalise its key brands and expand its product offer in the face o...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts