PARIS: Pernod Ricard's 1st Half 2000 : + 25.6% Substantial Increase Through Acquisitions and Internal Growth
For the first half of 2000, Pernod Ricard sales increased by 25.6%, before duties and taxes, to Euro 2.038 billion. Internal growth added +6.4% and acquisitions +14.9%. The wine and spirit sector (Euro 756 million) has grown by +11.6% (including +6.2% organic growth) despite the continuing impact of the loss of Intra European duty free. Strategic brands have globally enjoyed a volume sales increase of +3%. Havana Club (+10%), Jameson (+2 %), Wild Turkey (+8%), Ramazzotti (+8%) and Jacob's Creek (+9%) all demonstrated strong performances and response to continuing investment. The fruit preparation and soft drinks sector (Euro 700 million) has grown by +29.9%. This is mainly due to the consolidation of Agros in Poland for the first time. Orangina and SIAS both grew but CSR-Pampryl and Yoo Hoo recorded small declines. Organic growth for that sector was 2.8%. Finally, BWG representing the Groupe's interest in wholesale grocery distribution (Euro 582 million) grew by +43% due largely to acquisitions made in 1999 (Saxton and Bargain Booze). The firm is also enjoying sustained organic growth (+11.6%). A.R. Daunt, a wholesaler in Nottingham, England, which was acquired during this period, was consolidated from April 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US