Woolworths Limited (WOW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Woolworths Limited (Woolworths) is a diversified retailer, which operates supermarkets, general merchandise stores, liquor, electronics, specialty and discount department stores. The company provides petrol retailing and also operates hotels which includes accommodation, pubs, food and gaming operations. It offers private label and branded merchandise to its customers. The company operates 3,329 retail stores under several banners such as Woolworths; Safeway; Countdown; Thomas Dux; BWS; Dan Murphy; Cellarmasters; Caltex; and BIG W. It also has multi-channel operations for all of its trading divisions. The company operates in Australia, New Zealand, and India.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Woolworths Limited provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Woolworths Limited - Key Facts
Woolworths Limited - Key Employees
Woolworths Limited - Major Products and Services
Woolworths Limited - History
Woolworths Limited - Company Statement
Woolworths Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Woolworths Limited - Business Description
Woolworths Limited - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Woolworths Limited - Strengths
Strength - Strong Presence in Australia
Strength - Top Line Performance
Strength - Broad Product Portfolio
Strength - Improved Efficiency
Woolworths Limited - Weaknesses
Weakness - Decline in Profit Margins
Weakness - Revenue Concentration
Woolworths Limited - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growing E-Retail Industry
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives
Opportunity - Rising Demand for Private Label Goods
Woolworths Limited - Threats
Threat - Rising Labor Wages
Threat - Highly Competitive Industry
Threat - Reduced Consumer Spending
Woolworths Limited - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Woolworths Limited, Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Woolworths Limited, Key Facts
Woolworths Limited, Key Employees
Woolworths Limited, Major Products and Services
Woolworths Limited, History
Woolworths Limited, Subsidiaries
Woolworths Limited, Key Competitors
Woolworths Limited, Ratios based on current share price
Woolworths Limited, Annual Ratios
Woolworths Limited, Interim Ratios
Woolworths Limited, Recent Deals Summary
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Woolworths Limited, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Woolworths Limited, Ratio Charts
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 8:37pm (Friday, 13 December 2013)