Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC (MRW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC (MRW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc (Morrison) is a supermarket chain operator. The company along with its subsidiaries offers a range of branded and private label products including grocery, fish and meat, bakery items, gift cards, fruits, vegetables, frozen food products, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, pharmaceuticals, dairy based products, garden furniture and tools, and recipes. It operates around 498 stores in the UK. Morrison is the UK’s fourth largest supermarket. The company's supply chain is vertically integrated with own manufacturing units, procurement units, processing and packaging units, and distribution centers. Morrison principally operates in the UK and the Netherlands.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of contents
Section 1 - About the Company
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC - Key Facts
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC - Key Employees
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC - Key Employee Biographies
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC - Major Products and Services
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC - History
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC - Company Statement
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC - Business Description
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC - Corporate Strategy
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC - Strengths
Strength - Strong Presence across the Supply Chain
Strength - Strong Foothold in the UK Market
Strength - Wide Product Portfolio
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC - Weaknesses
Weakness - Product Recalls
Weakness - Debt Obligations
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC - Opportunities
Opportunity - Rising Popularity of Private Label Products
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives
Opportunity - Growing Demand for Organic Food Products
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC - Threats
Threat - Intense Competition
Threat - Increasing Manpower Cost
Threat - Highly Regulated Environment
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, Key Facts
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, Key Employees
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, Key Employee Biographies
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, Major Products and Services
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, History
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, Other Locations
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, Subsidiaries
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, Key Competitors
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, Ratios based on current share price
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, Annual Ratios
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, Interim Ratios
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, Recent Deals Summary
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, Performance Chart (2009 - 2013)
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, Ratio Charts
Related research categories
By company: SWOT analysis
The just-drinks office is currently: Closed
Office opening hours
The office is closed during weekends.
Current time at just-drinks headquarters: 4:39pm (Sunday, 20 April 2014)